We’re approved by CTSI (Chartered Institute of Trading Standards) to independently handle consumer disputes about D&G (Domestic & General) service and maintenance plans.
Common disputes we review
The disputes we review surround service and maintenance plans on your appliance. Some of these issues include;
- Issues with replacement appliance
- Issues with the time taken to replace an appliance
- Customer service issues
Disputes we're unable to review
We try to help as many people as we can, but there are some circumstances in which we’re not able to review a dispute, such as:
- The issue was raised before Domestic and General subscribed to our service.
- A court, another independent body or organisation is in the process of or has already reviewed the issue.
- The issue needs to be considered by a court, unless it’s agreed in writing, that there’s a stay on the court action
- The issue needs to be considered by a regulator or other independent body, e.g. if the complaint is about the insurance plan, it would need to be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
- The dispute was raised to deliberately inconvenience a company.
- The dispute has no real merit or value and no prospect of success.
- Where the issue involves public liability e.g. any complaints about 3rd party damage.
For further information about the terms on which we can review a dispute, please see our Terms of reference pages.
We also work closely with other organisations that provide help and support, such as Citizens Advice.
Parking On Private Land Appeals
We also operate the POPLA (Parking On Private Land Appeals) service on behalf of the BPA (British Parking Association).
POPLA is an independent service FREE to all motorists who want to appeal against a Parking Charge Notice. They consider evidence from the motorist and parking operator before deciding the outcome.
For more information please visit the POPLA website, the below links may also be helpful;